Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Athlete & Coach go 1-2 at Lowell Tri

This past Sunday I raced the Lowell YMCA Triathlon. The distances were a 1 mile swim, 22 mile bike, and 6 mile run. I finished first in 1:45, "only" 10 minutes in front of my coach, Tim Crowley. All in all it was a fun day and a good workout. I felt very strong on the swim, rode hard on the bike, and eased up a bit on the run but still maintained a tempo pace. It was a fun event to cap off two weeks of solid training.

Next to me in transition was Jarrod's little brother (and upcoming triathlete) Jake Shoemaker. He had kind of a bad day in Lowell - he cut his foot on a piece of glass after the swim and had to go to the hospital. Luckily he is okay and it wasn't as bad as originally thought, but nevertheless it was a scary experience.

Well Jarrod and Alicia are off to the Olympics leaving me all alone at the house. It feels a bit weird not being able to go over to Beijing. I've trained alongside Jarrod since this past winter and watched him deal with everything that goes into preparing for the Olympics (interviews, hectic schedules, etc.). And now I only get to watch the race on TV! I wanna be there! No matter what happens it's going to be epic. I wish him all the best luck and I'm confident that he is well prepared.

Lowell Tri - 1st Place

No comments: