Saturday, July 26, 2008

Aaaand more training...

I had a 3 hour ride planned for Thursday but got a text that morning from TC telling me to just ride on the trainer for 75 minutes because it was supposed to rain all day. I was ecstatic that I didn't have to will myself out of bed at 7AM, so I slept in until late. Jarrod and I monitored the weather radar all morning, trying to see if there was a block of time where the rain would let up. Mainly, I was procrastinating getting on the trainer. Alicia did her ride, then Jarrod got started on his workout, and I sat around for a while pretending to pay attention to the weather. I finally decided to go get my bike from the basement and start setting it up. As I was doing so, I noticed that the rain stopped. I looked at the radar and it seemed that the rain might hold off for a couple hours. I debated for a while what to do (more procrastinating) and finally decided to take the risk and go outside. I ended up riding for 2.5 hours with not a drop of rain (except for dripping trees). After that I headed out for a short brick run and as I was finishing up it started to pour again. So it actually worked out pretty well. I hit the one block of time where training outside was doable. The message here: procrastination = better training :)

Friday's training went down like this: 9 mile run through the neighborhoods with middle 3 miles tempo, 30 minute core routine, and 5k at swimming with some mega-fast all-out balls-to-the-wall 50s. Friday was the first day all week where I didn't feel terrible. I'm still sore and tired - but on a more moderate level. We got in a good 4k at swimming this morning, and later today I have some hill repeats on the bike followed by some fast running. I also have to write an 8 page paper for this online class I'm taking, so I'll get started on that tonight as well; that'll be workout #4. So that's what I've been up to: training, watching the tour, eating and sleeping. I apologize for being so boring lately.

No comments: