Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 3: Already Sore & Tired

It's only the first week of my mid-year base phase, but I'm already feeling pretty fatigued after a couple hard days. Yesterday I had a tough track workout that included 200's, K's, and then more 200's with not a whole lot of rest. After that I went for a 2 hour endurance ride and did a core workout in the evening. Today started with some TT interval work on my BMC TT bike. I had a massage in Concord and then went straight into a 10 mile run, and it absolutely poured for the last 5 miles. I hit some puddles that were ankle-deep and it was totally miserable! Finally, we had a tough swim practice tonight. Main set was a "T-30" (swim as hard as you can for 30 minutes with the goal of amassing as many meters as possible). Now I'm completely beat. We had Chinese food for dinner. It was money.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day, which does not bode well for the 3-hour ride I have planned. I have plans to do it with TC and Alicia at 8AM, but it will most likely be dependent on the weather.

Jarrod on the 6 O'Clock news!

No comments: